The 2019 U.S. Shooting Dog Invitational Championship will be held Saturday, February 16, Sunday, February 17, and Monday, February 18, 2019 at the Camp Robinson Wildlife Management Area near Conway, AR. The drawing will held on the evening before the running, on Friday, February 15th in the on-grounds clubhouse. Festivities begin at 5:00 pm.
All are invited!!
Judges for the 2019 Invitational Championship will be professional handler Allen Vincent of Collinsville, OK and Dr. Bob Rankin of Oklahoma City, OK.
The reporter for the 2019 Invitational will be Bonnie Hidalgo of Brighten, CO. Bonnie reported for the championship in 2017.
Dates and Format:
The Invitational Championship will be held February 16 – 18, 2019 at the Camp Robinson Wildlife Management Area near Conway, AR. One hour heats will be conducted on the first two days and 90-minute finals will be held for call-back finalists.
Dogs, Handlers and Owners:
Congratulations to these fine contenders, owners, and handlers, based on the 2017/2018 Purina Top Shooting Dog Point System:
- Chelsea’s Thunderbolt, #1, Owners: Dr. Tom Jackson and George Hickox, Handler: Shawn Kinkelaar, 2,792 points, Defending Champion
- Way Better Rocky, #3, Owners: Carl & Collin Bishop and Muriel Primm, Handler: Mike Tracy, 1,610 points
- Miller’s Unfinished Business, #4, Owner: Benjy Griffith, Handler: Joel Norman, 1,260 points
- Thrill Me, #5, Owner: Keith Finlayson, Handler: Tommy Rice, 810 points
- Miller’s Miss Calamity Jane, #6, Owner: Allen Linder, Hander: George Tracy, 580 points
- CS Cold Water Rex, #7, Owner: Tony Gibson, Handler: Doug Ray, 698 poin
- Miller’s Vanilla Snow, #9, Owners: Tommy & Bonnie Hamilton, Handler: George Tracy, 615 points
- In Swami’s Shadow, #11, Owner: Bill & Mary Ann Sand, Handler: Shawn Kinkelaar, 565 points
- Touch’s Diamate, #12, Owner and Hander: Austin Turley, 540 points
- Caladen’s Davinci, #13, Owner: Auddie Brown, Handler: Jerry Raynor, 522 points
- LF Dynomike, #14, Owner: Mike McClanahan, Hander: Shawn Kinkelaar, 505 points
- Rebellita, #15, Owner and Handler: Austin Turley, 480 points
- Sugarknoll Warpaint, #2, Owners: Allen Linder, Pete & Chris DelCollo, Handlers: George and Mike Tracy, 2,289 points
- Erin’s War Creek, #8, Owner: Allen Linder, Handler: George Tracy, 627 points
- Conecuh’s Shoe Shine, #10, Owners: Tony & Becky Gibson, Handler: Doug Ray, 595 points
Each year, the U.S Shooting Dog Invitational Championship is held at the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission maintained Camp Robinson Wildlife Management Area near Conway, AR:
331 Clinton Road
Conway, AR 72032