The 2018 U.S. Shooting Dog Invitational Championship will be held Saturday, February 17, Sunday, February 18, and Monday, February 19, 2018 at the Camp Robinson Wildlife Management Area near Conway, AR. The drawing will held on the evening before the running, on Friday, February 16th at the on-grounds clubhouse. Festivities begin at 5:00 pm.
All are invited!!
Returning to serve in these important roles are professional handler Chuck Stretz from Blackwater, MO and Dr. Richard Steckley, a cardiologist from Wichita, KS. Both are experienced dog men of many years and of great knowledge. Stretz is a past two-time winning handler of the Invitational Championship. Dr. Steckley’s Ninnescah Nichole won the Invitational title in 2010.
The reporter, returning from Norman, OK for her fifth time to report the trial, is Pat Kammerlocher.
Dates and Format:
The Invitational Championship will be held February 17 – 19, 2018 at the Camp Robinson Wildlife Management Area near Conway, AR. One hour heats will be conducted on the first two days and 90-minute finals will be held for call-back finalists.
Dogs, Handlers and Owners:
Congratulations to these fine contenders, owners, and handlers, based on the 2016/2017 Purina Top Shooting Dog Point System:
- Hale’s Southern Touch, Owner: Dr. Jeffrey Hale, Handler: Shawn Kinkelaar, 1,010 points, Defending Champion
- Chelsea’s Thunderbolt, Owners: Dr. Tom Jackson and George Hickox, Handler: Shawn Kinkelaar, 2,555 points
- Way Better Rocky, Owners: Carl & Collin Bishop and Muriel Primm, Handler: Mike Tracy, 2,250 points
- Cock-N-Fire Maggie, Owners: Allen Johnson and Auddie Brown, Handler: Jerry Raynor, 1,503 points
- R J’s Delcer, Owners: Reagan and Kristen Moisson, Handler: Shawn Kinkelaar, 1,010 points
- Backcountry Tornado, Owner: Chris Catanzarite, Handler: Mike Tracy, 967 points
- Tangled Sheets, Owners: Johnny & Rita Ornsby, Handler: Shawn Kinkelaar, 795 points
- Bully Bragg, Owners: Ernie & Karen Saniga and Bill & Muriel Primm, Handler: Mike Tracy, 746 points
- LF Dyno Mike, Owner: Mike McClanahan, Handler: Shawn Kinkelaar, 700 points
- Crown’s Black Ice, Owners: Stephen Walker and Tracy Swearinger, Handler: Tracy Swearinger, 660 points
- Touch’s Mae Mobley, Owners: Bill & Muriel Primm, Handler: George Tracy, 620 points
- World Class Cliff, Owners: Mick Marietta, Brian Hamilton and Bill Cignetti, Handler: Stacy Perkins, 550 points
Each year, the U.S Shooting Dog Invitational Championship is held at the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission maintained Camp Robinson Wildlife Management Area near Conway, AR:
331 Clinton Road
Conway, AR 72032